You will be stationed at a world class academic hospital caring for patients from all 50 states and 47 countries.
Omaha Nebraska is a vibrant, attractive city that provides all the amenities of a much larger metropolitan area and yet, is family oriented and friendly. Omaha boasts an attractive low cost of living that is 19% less than the national average.
• Leads the technical activities associated with the delivery of a medical device cybersecurity program, such as collection of cybersecurity data elements in the asset inventory, implementation of cybersecurity controls, and execution of critical cybersecurity fixes.
• Leads the technical analysis of emerging cybersecurity threats to determine the impact on any devices in the asset inventory.
• Advises on technical elements of cybersecurity strategy, including recommendations for improvement. Supports the collection of metrics and key performance indicators for leadership review.
Technical Support - 80%
• Leads the collection of Critical Data Elements (CDEs) in CMMS.
• Leads collection of manufacturer documentation and cybersecurity recommendations.
• Leads risk assessment of assets based on collected CDEs and documentation.
• Oversees out-of-the-box configuration of medical devices to expected standards.
• Leads the planned vulnerability remediation, such as planned patching or upgrades.
• Leads unplanned vulnerability remediation, such as response to zero-day threats.
• Leads the coordination of cybersecurity activities with device manufacturers as needed.
• Leads the testing and validation of network segmentation rules in coordination with hospital IT.
• Supports a range of IT projects that have implications for medical devices on the network.
Program Support - 10%
• Leads the investigation of alerts on medical devices in the hospital and clinics.
• Leads analysis and development of recommendations for response to high/critical vulnerabilities.
• Leads the tracking and reporting of vulnerability remediation activities.
• Identifies opportunities for improvement in cybersecurity practices for HTM and IT.
• Oversees quality control for cybersecurity data and documentation in CMMS.
Training - 5%
• Support HTM cybersecurity education & awareness for HTM teams.
• Coaches BMETs on basic cybersecurity hygiene and out-of-the-box controls.
• Participates in industry cybersecurity workgroups and forums as a representative of the client.
• Completes mandatory technical and non-technical training.
Regulatory and Compliance - 5%
• Advises on hospital audits involving cybersecurity, including HIPAA and Joint Commission.
• Advises on enterprise cybersecurity audits in alignment with enterprise leadership.
Skills Summary :
• Medical Devices
• Asset Inventory
• Critical Data Elements (CDEs)
• Device Maintenance
More about the Client
Working in Healthcare Technology Management for our client you will partner with our Healthcare clients to manage their clinical technology needs. Together, they provide leadership and expertise for their business, patients, residents, and the staff who care for them.
Employees who work in Healthcare and Seniors are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a term and condition of employment, absent a legally required exception, and are required to report their vaccination status and upload proof of vaccination via an online portal.
This company fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations.
This is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
This is a onsite, permanent positions - NO hybrid or remote
Relocation expenses are not covered by client
No work Visa Option
Start Date: ASAP adfdf36e-2d0d-453b-8405-27af906715cb
• Basic Education Requirement: Associate degree or equivalent experience
• Basic Functional Experience: 3 years
• Medical Device Knowledge – very deep knowledge of the design of medical devices including protocols for device maintenance, understanding of common challenges and limitations with medical devices, thorough knowledge of medical device functions and how they are used for patient care.
• Software and Server Management – knowledge and experience with hands-on management of highly technical and sensitive hardware and software used to support the delivery of patient care, includes the daily management of key components to ensure high uptime and availability, some experience with the triage and troubleshooting of highly technical scenarios, some ability to oversee the response to both planned and unplanned downtime of key components.
• Strong Awareness of Hospital Processes – clear understanding of how hospital departments operate including common roles and processes, awareness of critical safety protocols when in clinical areas, demonstrates appropriate behavior and awareness of surroundings in clinical areas.
• Drive for Results – ability to coordinate access & interactions with medical devices under complex and tense situations, resilience to changes or barriers in access to medical devices, ability to negotiate and compromise with others to achieve goals.
• Demonstrated Specialization in Cybersecurity – clear passion for cybersecurity for medical devices, demonstrated experience with hands-on cybersecurity activities in healthcare or comparable industry, evidence of structured learning and/or self-learning on cybersecurity topics, currently has or is pursuing certification in cybersecurity.
• Knowledge of the design of medical devices including protocols for device maintenance. • Understanding of common challenges and limitations with medical devices. • Knowledge of medical device functions and how they are used for patient care. • Understanding of how hospital departments operate including common roles and processes. 620b8411-bf00-4234-a407-e5c1fca2fc21