• The Lead Software Engineer will join the development staff that is developing the software for a Metadata product.
• The Lead Software Engineer will perform analysis and design of software programs and systems and create, analyze, design, modify and test programs and systems.
• Uses industry standard programming techniques to translate requirements and designs into code.
• Work with cross functional teams to gain knowledge of different product requirements to design, implement and/or delegate this work to other developers on team.
• Perform high level analysis and design software for new and existing systems.
• Design, code and test multiple modules of a system in a timely manner.
• Participates in unit, system, performance and acceptance testing by designing tests, building test data, test execution and evaluation, along with recommending/making improvements/fixes to the tested system.
• Champion the use of the latest innovations in search technologies
• Leads in developing and interpreting requirements.
More about the client :
Our client is in the information software business. They provide shared technology services, original research and community programs that help organizations meet the ever-evolving needs of their users, institutions, and communities. With office locations around the globe, their employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help people.
The client is a non-profit company with exceptional benefits and a great reputation!
Very casual environment. Hybrid – Mondays and Tuesday plus another day of choice in office, other 2 days remote.
Open to sponsoring and relocation.
Client has the option to help with relocation expenses
H1B or TN Visa Option
Start Date: ASAP 46f02212-edac-401f-ba00-3bca8b297361
Candidates MUST have solid Java and Lucene experience and understand search algorithms.
• Bachelor's Degree in a Computer Science-related discipline
• Skills typically represented by 5-7 years of software development experience.
• Coding skills in Java, Gradle, Spring, REST
• Experience with query parser technologies such as Lucene or Solr.
• Experience working with Big Data.
• Working knowledge of Linux/Unix.
• Experience in object-oriented programming.
• Understanding of Database design principles.
• Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
• Creative and innovative thinker.
• Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment. a0faaeec-aff7-4988-a501-30f58ceca956
Understanding of Search concepts, and expertise with large-scale search systems. Big Data experience. 7e7724ca-d23b-4c9d-8a98-d74954a8682e