Our client is a leader in the Shipping and Packaging / Warehousing and Distribution industry in the USA.
Due to the industry environment, all employees work on-site with no remote options available. Working hours are capped at 45 hours maximum per week to ensure a great work-life balance.
The culture leans more towards formal wear and a structured work environment, which in return makes the company a stable work environment where growth and learning are encouraged and supported.
• Design and implement HA / DR solutions using AlwaysOn, WFC and Replication.
• Work with highly advanced business users in a professional environment.
• Design and develop ETL solutions such as SSIS and Informatica.
• Optimize database performance using advanced techniques, including indexing, query optimization, database redesign and execution plan analysis.
• Participate in periodic HA / DR tests and other activities during off-hours.
• Monitor database performance and forecast resource utilization.
• Provide support for mission-critical databases with heavy utilization of SQL Replication.
• Upgrade and patch DBMS and related components, including drivers (DB2, Oracle) and third-party replication tools.
Relocation expenses are not covered by client
No work Visa Option
Start Date: ASAP 40e0b73e-288c-454c-9d86-f44cdcaf6e5f
• Bachelor's degree in information technology or related field.
• 5+ years of experience in database management / data integration.
• Proficient in all aspects of administrating one or more database management systems (DB2 LUW, DataStax, Oracle, SQL Server).
• Familiar with one or more replication technologies (Precisely Connect, SQL Replication, Attunity).
• Ability to read logical / physical data models.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills. bd310b2e-e38d-4c45-a0e6-207271c60b3e